KAUTILYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING, JAIPUR
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Academic Event Report
Event- Expert Lecture
Speaker: – Er. Arun Kumar Lamba (IIT, Kanpur)
Topic of Lecture: – Power Generations
Date of event: – 21 March 2017
Time of Event:-10:30 AM to 12:00 Noon
Venue: –KITE-SOM Auditorium
Audience: – 1. HOD (Mechanical)
- All faculty members mechanical
- Students III & IV year Mechanical
Summary of the lecture
He started with the definition of power Generation, explained different types of power plants as follows.
- Diesel power plant, its components, working principle with applications.
- Steam power plant, its components, working principle with applications.
- Hydroelectric power plant, its components and working principle.
- Gas power plant, working principle, site selection and advantages.
In the support, he correlated practical examples of the day today life
Overall lecture was fruitful to the students, as this topic covers the syllabus of Power Generations and I.C. Engine of RTU, Kota. Faculty members also learned and improved their knowledge. At last, lecture was concluded by Er. O.M. Bunker with vote of thanks to Er. A K Lamba for sharing his knowledge, experience with us.