Tips to Prepare for JEE Mains
JEE Main is one of the major engineering entrance exams and is a gateway to some of the top engineering institutes such as IITs, NITs, and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes. It is a laborious exercise that requires proper strategy and plan. In this article, we talk about how to strategically study for JEE Mains.
- Best Books for JEE Main Preparation – Firstly, JEEMain aspirants must get their basics strong and cover each and every given topic thoroughly in NCERT books of both class 11 and class 12. However, there are a few recommended books for JEE Main preparation which include the following:
- A Master Resource Book in Mathematics for JEE Main by Prafull Aggarwal- Mathematics
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma – Volume 1 and Volume 2- Physics
- A Guidebook to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Peter Sykes- Chemistry
- Practise Sample Papers – While preparing forJEE Main, refer good study notes and practice as many sample papers as you can. Doing so gets you accustomed to the exam pattern and makes you more confident with each question paper solved. It also helps you recognize the areas that need more practice.
- A few tips from the toppers
- Study previous year papers with a primary focus on NCERT books.
- Make short notes of important formulas and reactions and look through it daily in the morning for at least an hour or so.
- Most of the questions that come in the exam are picked directly from NCERT textbooks, hence do not ignore the NCERT textbooks while preparing for exams.
These were a few tips to better study for JEE Mains 2019. The secret is to study throughout in small amounts without putting too much pressure on the last few days. A healthy body gives a healthy mind so make sure eat healthily, get an ample amount of sleep and exercise. The IITs take a step further to filter out the best candidates by conducting JEE advanced. At BYJU’S, solve previous year JEE Main question paper and know the syllabus for the exam. Also, subscribe to BYJU’S youtube channel to learn tips and tricks to solve questions easily.